Study Guide for Chap 1.
- Know how to perform Gauss and Gauss-Jordan eliminations.
- Know the meaning of underdetermined, overdetermined systems
- Can give examples of Row Echlon Forms and Reduced
Row Echlon Forms.
- Know how to extract free variables and get all the
solutions from a (reduced) Row Echlon Form.
- Know how to express matrix algebras (multiplication, in
particular) in terms of summing over indices. (important)
- Know relations between row operations, elementary
matrices and inverting square matrices.
- More Later.
Lecture notes and Homework Assignments
- Lecture 3-8
(week 2-5, lectiure 09 = extra session on homework discussion)